Friday, November 19, 2010

week 11

I did a lot of thinking about the page but the drawings don't show as much of it as I would like. I'm going to keep working an that. I didn't count pages which i do think was good. But I also drew less which is bad. I did get out, but when I'm out sometimes I'm just not inspired to draw. I went to the botanical gardens again but is was so pretty that didn't draw a ton. I'm going to go back with fall colored pencils. My muted unsaturated markers left me bored surrounded by the brilliant oranges and reds of Virginia autumn. I must capture it! Also I've never been out there on a weekend, there may be more people to draw out there then.

I did look draw from the goat pics and studied the human head. Need to do a lot more studying of the head. I have been digging through my fashion illustration videos looking for those by Gladys Parent Palmer! She is so amazing. Watching her draw thrills me.









fashion history examples


random guy eating at Xtra's


center piece at Mez


inside the tree house at Lewis Ginter


kelley in a round hut.


Grayson at Xtra's


 Curly goat or sheep


park rant.


kitchen at 821



cooks at 821


marker colors


travel pencil colors


sconce at Xtra's, attempt 1(fail)


sconce at Xtra's attempt 2 (fail)


folks a xtra's


head studies


nose studies


head studies


rose at lewis ginter. I don't like the centralness of the big rose here.


rose at lewis ginter. I took notes and plan to ad a little more color.


I drew the cop at kroger while I waited for wine to chill.


goat (pitiful)


goat (so weird)


goat. I kind of like this for some reason.


goat. This one looks like Falcore on Never Ending Story.


donkey

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

ds1: Sketchbooking © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates