Sunday, October 10, 2010

week 6 meeting summary and thoughts

The sketches are definitely getting more interesting. This week I am to make a coke can pen and experiment with different hand holds and the line I can make with it. I am to pay more attention to focal port and what the drawing is "about". I will make photocopies of drawings in order to manipulate them with line width, color, texture, and value. It's weird because I am simultaneously trying to take them more seriously and less seriously, thinking of the drawings as art objects, thinking about resolution and composition, but at the same time, taking more risks. It's exciting because I can see the progress that I've been making. I am definitely more comfortable drawing in general. I know I can draw anything if I'm willing to slow down and pay attention.

I drew at the airport on Friday when I picked up my sister. I went early and what I drew there is hands down the most compelling drawing I've made this semester and the reason is it has people. It tells a story where nothing else really has. I'm looking forward to doing more work in this manner, sitting somewhere far enough away from the subjects that I go unnoticed as I observe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

ds1: Sketchbooking © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates